August 23, 2010

Day 313-It's Not Just Me

If you haven’t noticed from the past two months’ posts, I'm can be a little hard on myself. For instance, I often go down a path of thinking that I’m the sole party at fault when a relationship doesn’t work; I’m the only one who doesn’t have her life figured out yet; and I have to be the last person I know that hasn’t figured out in-the-momentness.

As a result, I just relish in a good reminder from an outside source instructing me to get over myself already! For instance, one of my best (married) guy friends recently sent me a quote from his corporate newsletter that had Off the Market & In the Moment posting potential. I was intrigued:

"Happiness is not a brilliant climax to years of grim struggle and anxiety. It is a long succession of little decisions simply to be happy in the moment."

--Swami Kriyananda, formerly J. Donald Walters,
American spiritual leader, author and composer

Great quote and definitely on point with my year. But even more interesting is that it was sent from a company with almost 50,000 employees, a huge percentage of which are male and even better, many of which make up a large part of the dating pool in NYC.

So in the spirit of Swami Kriyananda, I'm making a decision to be happy this moment. Happy that it’s not just me (or my gender) who needs weekly reminders to live in the present.

I’m Off the Market & In the Moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment