August 14, 2010

Day 322-Sometimes You Have to Stand Alone

"Sometimes you have to stand alone to prove that you can still stand."
-Anonymous-

Last night, we gathered at Phebe's to send B & T off to London. Let's just say, I can't hold my Blue Moon. Because a measly three glasses later, we were pounding the pavement of the East Village singing Disney songs at the very top of our lungs. Part of Your World, anyone? If that's not your favorite, we also shared Can You Feel the Love Tonight before my personal rendition of Les Miz's Master of the House. I have no idea how this came about, but when B and I are together, spontaneous song is probably on the tap long after emptying our glasses. AND I learned that some in the group have been holding out on us for three years as they summoned their former band kid self and jumped in. You know who you are.

In between songs at the restaurant, (yes, still serenading despite the other patrons), I noticed that I was surrounded: a 3 couples to 1 Liza ratio. Strangely, I wasn't blue by the fact. Call me cheesy, but like Lion King, I was feeling the love last night. I am always uplifted by this group of people, and I'm so happy they have one another. Looking around, it was like a preview of the love to come.

But "sometimes you have to stand alone to prove that you can still stand." I love this quote, which marks one of the inspirational envelopes E put put together for me. I chose it because coming out of the Blue Moon fog this morning, I wasn't feeling as high as last night, a little out of sorts wondering where my other half was in the equation.


How perfect that the quote I pulled from the corresponding envelope contained this pic along with:
"There's a single truth behind every heartache. Love hurts when God knows we deserve someone else."


Ok, so I'm not filled with horror per se, but my frustration with my breakup/relationship/life does tend to peak in the a.m., despite what I show to the world. Lingering effects of Blue Moon do not help.


Getting past the hangover, these messages E put together remind me that heartache and aloneness is temporary, just like everything else in life, but something good is around the corner. So what if I'm feeling a little out of sorts in the process? Just because I'm waking up in my single bed alone (which actually results in better sleep considering the size), doesn't mean I should wake up and automatically think I'm lonely. One doesn't equal the other, by any means. But I'm not going to say that standing alone isn't hard at times because it totally is. But I have FAITH, FAITH, FAITH (repeating 3x makes it more true) that once I prove to myself I can, I know it will be worth it.

I'm off the market & in the moment!



















No comments:

Post a Comment