August 3, 2010

Day 332-Marinating...

The blog has been quiet this week, which pretty much reflects the vacation routine I've been enjoying: a lot of lazying around, afternoon naps, and going to bed before 10pm each night results in little to write about. On top of that, I set myself up for this whole eat, pray, spaaaaahh week, but I've been really avoiding writing on a daily basis because when it comes to the spiritual/balance portion, I'm perpetually stumped on where to begin. However, the best thing to do when you have writer's block is to just start writing whatever comes to mind. So here goes a lot of mismatched thoughts and a lack of thesis....

I was raised to be religious and certainly consider myself spiritual. Put me on a beach or in the mountains, and it's easy to reflect and gain perspective. And I'm definitely quick to shoot off a prayer in a tight spot, moments of stress, or when someone's at risk. On a daily basis, however, being in touch with the powers that be is a lot easier said than done. Giving up control and letting go, trusting and having faith that everything will work out is NOT my strong suit.

Even now as I sit down and finally take time to focus, nada. I have no where to go with this one.

So since it's time for dinner, I'm going to let this one marinate a bit and take the Hemingway approach. A mojito will most definitely help.

I'm off the market & in the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment