September 30, 2010

Day 275-Music and Movie I Must Brag About

Today, we're taking a detour from the Off the Market & In the Moment path to give some shameless publicity to some up and comers I know. First off, my wonderful acting partner Nathan stars in Enter the Void, written and directed by Gaspar NoƩ. The film, which has been praised by the New York Times and Salon among other outlets, is currently playing at IFC here in the city and will formally open to audiences in October. Personally, I'm hoping if rehearsals go well, I'll get to accompany him to Cannes Film Festival next year...So check it out!

On another note, rather a musical one, I'll be venturing to Banjo Jim's tonight to check out a performance by Cash Fur Gold. One of the guys I dated first introduced me to the venue this past spring, and I was hooked (especially since it's walking distance from my apartment) so I can't wait to go back tonight.

In the words of one of the band members, "Stop by if you'd like to get rocked by sweet sweet American music with a New England twist that reminds you of a not too salty but still very tasty clam chowder."

How enticing is that? Throw in the fact that there's no cover to get in the door and cheap PBR, and you've got the makings for a perfect evening. If you can't make it to listen live tonight, keep these guys on your radar!

I'm Off the Market & In the Moment!

1 comment: