January 26, 2011

Day 156-Uncomfortably Casual

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but life is such a rollercoaster sometimes. This week has been a wild ride of ups and downs and hurrying all across town (I rhyme!) as I've rushed from work to class to events to auditions (yes!) and of course, I couldn't let that be enough but HAD to have some personal drama on the side.

So this casual dating stuff? Not so easy as it looks. It's taken quite an adjustment period as I appear as cool girl on stage, in the company of guys, and meanwhile, am falling apart behind the set. I know I overanalyze and I know it gets worse when I'm tired so coupled with all the running around this week, I've been showing my fair share of crazy OTMITM.

Thus, no writing. Maybe writing would have helped, but honestly, my thoughts were in such flux as they went from high to low multiple times a day that I just would have contributed nothing more than confused you as well as myself. AGAIN.

Thankfully, I'm cool, calm and collected for the present, reassuring myself that as friends say, this anxiousness from the no-relationship zone is just a symptom of being a girl. Enough said.

HA. Of course, I choose to spend 24/7 fighting against my natural inclinations to emotionally attach and instead force myself to be what I'm not, a casual person. And that, my friends, is a recipe for failure.

So all I can say for this week is that I'm trying to practice what I preach. Who'd have thought casual would be really, really hard?!?

I'm Off the Market & In the Moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment