January 22, 2011

Day 160-The Girls Are Concerned-About the Contents of My Drawers

For years, my girlfriends have expressed their concern over my underwear drawer. I've never been the one to care if there was a slight panty line that appeared in my tight jeans so was taunted throughout college (though I do deign to make the effort for more obvious dresses). These days, my roommate E is constantly saddened by the fact that I love to sleep in pjs and t-shirts rather than something more feminine and romantic. So sorry to disappoint, but yes, I'm a female who loves her comfort and more often than not, finds said source of comfort in GASP-granny panties. Blame it on laziness if you want, but I attribute this choice to numerous uncomfortable encounters with bad Victoria's Secret versions which shrink from first wash then proceed to make my day a living hell of wiggling and re-adjusting. This year, however, I've decided to invest in a little quality for myself because as I'm told, you just feel better with something sexy underneath.

With one friend already plotting a lingerie trip with me in tow, I just received the below from another bestie from home who wanted to make sure I'm on top of this oh so delicate situation-the only message she chose to add was "take some notes!"

I subscribe to Daily Candy (and if you don't, it's a must!) but oh-so-ironically didn't receive the email which my friends think I'd most benefit from the most:


Most unmentionables are referred to as such for a reason: They’re boring. But you can be sure The Loved One, Elvia Lahman and Hannah Metz’s debut lingerie collection will get people talking. Inspired by troves of frilly underthings uncovered during their travels as vintage wholesalers, along with old Frederick’s of Hollywood catalogs and early 1960’s girlie magazines, a small selection launches today.
Each style is named after a saucy B movie: Slip into the high-waisted, netting and lace Sin in the Suburbs; flouncy, gartered The Bed and How to Make It; or sheer Fuego top and bottom lounge set. The diamond style of Agony of Love might seem a bit confusing at first glance but, trust us, the black stretch lace guarantees a double take.
Don’t mention it.
Available online at thelovedone.bigcartel.com, $34-$62.
Ok girls-I get the gist.
I'm Off the Market & In the Moment!

1 comment:

  1. Some guys find "granny panties" atractive. Just be yourself.

    ReplyDelete