January 11, 2011

Day 172-The Value of Being Off the Market, In the Moment, SICK

After two months of non-stop craziness, it's official. I have made myself Off the Market, In the Moment, SICK! I can't remember the last time I wasn't able to power through, but thankfully, today's sprinkling of snow is the universe's last ditch effort to get me where I belong: in bed.

Now don't think this OTMITM gal went down without a fight. I tried to work for two days while running a fever before I actually succumbed to staying home and then, I still tried to clean my room before I realized the ridiculousness of my behavior. At which point I begrudgingly forced myself to lay in bed for the duration of two movies and several episodes of Friends while indulging in Ciao Bella strawberry gelatto and popsickles from E.

It may sound like a vacation, but when you're constantly coughing, it certainly takes the fun out of it. Nevertheless, this has been a lesson. First off, I never get sick. In fact, I learned from an early age the value of taking "personal" days from school since I never was out otherwise. And since I didn't put myself to bed on Monday when I knew I was sub par, I certainly have prolongued the situation. But I also can't remember the last week in my life where I had more than one evening off with absolutely nothing to do, nowhere to go, no one to meet in the evening. But with this chest cough/sore throat whatever, it's been painful to get out in the cold or exert myself so this week, I did the unimaginable and canceled all plans and stayed put.

My New Year's resolution was for more "me" time, and I can't help but think it's funny the way things just work out....

I'm Off the Market & In the Moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment