September 12, 2011

Fall Frenzy

With the arrival of the US Open, Mercedes Benz Fashion week and finally, some crisp cool weather, I am pumped for fall. And a little exhausted, no surprise, since I've been running around like a madwoman trying to get it all done-though locking eyes with Matthew Perry while working at Ralph Lauren this weekend was WAY worth the late nights. He totally made me re-think my previous age cap! Anyway, tonight is my first night to myself in almost two weeks! Inspired by the waif-thin 14-year-old models I saw around Lincoln Center yesterday, I'm celebrating the evening with leftover strawberry cheesecake from Caffe Roma while downstairs, the local restaurants busily prepare for the first day of the Feast of San Gennaro, which is this Friday.

Meanwhile, I'm in back-to-school mode as I do a little re-evaluating and re-organizing. For some reason, this time of year prompts me to get creative and set new goals for the months ahead, sometimes even more than New Year's. On my list? To add a little spice to the blog with pictures, more products and places for New Yorkers and visitors alike to enjoy as well as set aside the time to write more often. Plus, it gives me more motivation to explore new spots for dining, shopping and having fun in my fair city! Dating New York is the ultimate relationship.

I'm also hoping to cook more which I'm sure it's scary to many people who know me. I've yet to set off the fire alarm in the new apartment so now's as good a time as any! And I've found some easy recipes to start with before I venture into the pages of my new copy of Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking (freshly stamped from the Shakespeare & Company bookstore in Paris! Add it to your must-go list!). And of course, audition, audition, audition though I'm now receiving more opportunities to choreograph here and there as well which is super exciting. Next up is a short piece for the comedic play NEVER LET GO which will be presented as part of the Manhattan Repertory Theatre's Fall 1 Act Competition. Tickets here!

And the goal of reserving Thursdays and Saturdays for happy hours, football and friends? Well, it's a lofty one, but I'm learning the power of Starbucks Iced Coffee (which can keep me going, and going, and going-you get the idea). If $2.35 is what it takes for me to stay in the moment and get it all done, then sign me up. I don't want to miss a thing this season. It's my favorite, after all.

I'm On the Market & In the Moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment